- APT repositories for Debian and Ubuntu (maintained by LXDE developers):
- Add this line to your /etc/apt/source.list:
deb http://people.linux.org.tw/~andrew/debian/lxde/ ./ (for Debian sid)
deb http://people.linux.org.tw/~pcman/ubuntu/ ./ (for Ubuntu)
- apt-get install lxde
- Select "LXDE" from GDM / KDM, and login. If you don't have any display manager, run startlxde in your xinitrc.
- Source code:
- Download tarballs from project page.
- Grab the latest source code in development from svn:
svn co https://lxde.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lxde/trunk lxde
PCManFM is provided in another separate project and hence not provided
here. Please go to the project
homepage of PCManFM.
Distros currently using LXDE
- PUD GNU/Linux: Ubuntu-based installable live cd with LXDE
- TinyMe: PCLinuxOS-based tiny distro using some components of LXDE
- Slitaz: Extremely small live cd using most of the components of LXDE
- Greenie: Ubuntu-based distribution especially for slovak and czech users. Using GNOME and LXDE as DE
The list is still growing... If you are a distro-creator using LXDE, please contact us.
Please don't forget to read the installation
Currently some setup must be done manually to make it work.
Copyright © 2006 - 2008 LXDE Project, Powered by SourceForge.net